Latest news


The Verulamium Museum in St Albans is run by the district council in Verulamium Park (adjacent to St Michaels Church) and contains much information about the town, both as a Roman and Iron Age settlement, plus Roman history in general. The museum was established following the excavations carried out by Mortimer Wheeler and his wife Tessa Wheeler. It is noted for the large and colourful mosaics, and many other artefacts such as pottery, jewellery, tools and coins from the Roman period. Many were found in formal excavations but some, particularly a coffin still containing a male skeleton, were unearthed nearby during building work. It is considered one of the best museums of Roman history in the country and has won an architectural award for its striking domed entrance.

TESS are delighted to be supplying our Evolution Modular System cases for their expanding temporary exhibition programme.



Wellington Arch is located in at the heart of royal London, just yards from Buckingham Palace and by Hyde Park Corner. Wellington Arch was opened in 1830 and then in 1882 moved the short distance to its current location. It has become one of the most popular London attractions with those tourists that have an interest in the UK monarchy.   Built to commemorate Wellington’s defeat of Napoleon in the Anglo-Gallic Napoleonic wars, the historical significance ensures the attraction’s popularity with history buffs, particularly those with an interest in 19th century Naval affairs.

Wellington Arch is run by English Heritage and contains exhibits over three floors detailing the history of the arch and its many uses.   TESS are delighted to be supplying our Evolution system for the new exhibition gallery scheduled to open in early summer.



The Danish Immigration Museum: in 1979, two professors from Dana College proposed to the Dana College Board of Regents that a museum dedicated to the preservation of Danish immigrant heritage should be created. This proposal was met with approval, and a year later the Danish American Heritage Society (DAHS) was asked to form an exploratory committee. In 1983, the exploratory committee chose to locate the museum in the Danish Villages of Elk Horn and Kimballton, Iowa. The board was officially incorporated in May and in July the Elk Horn Lutheran Church donated 20 acres for the museum site. The museum began accepting donations to its collection and operated out of a building on Elk Horns main street for several years. The groundbreaking ceremony for the museums current building occurred in 1988, but the museum building did not open to the public until June 1994.

TESS are proud to be supplying our Evolution system to the museum as they seek to expand their temporary exhibition programme.



The Bank of England is essentially the central bank for the whole of the United Kingdom and is the model on which most modern, large central banks are based.  It was first established in 1694 and has been located in London’s main financial district on Threadneedle Street since 1734.  The Bank also houses a museum displaying the fascinating history of banking through the ages.  TESS are particularly proud to be supplying another batch of new cases to the museum for updating part of their displays.  The museum is free for visitors.



Christchurch Mansion is a substantial Tudor brick mansion house within Christchurch Park on the edge of the town centre of Ipswich, Suffolk, England. It is now owned by the town and since 1895 has formed one of the two principal venues of the Ipswich Corporation Museums, now part of the Colchester and Ipswich Museum Service.

The Grade I listed building mansion houses a collection of pottery and glass, a contemporary art gallery and a collection of paintings by artists including John Constable and Thomas Gainsborough. There are rooms preserved as past inhabitants would have known them, complete with original items of fine clothing.  The house sits within a 70 acre public park which features many beautiful trees, rolling lawns and ponds.

The building is currently playing host to the famous Dallinghoo Hoard –  a collection of 840 Iron Age coins unearthed by metal detectors in 2008 in nearby Wickham Market.  The coins are the largest and most complete Iron Age gold hoard in existence and will now be kept in Suffolk and preserved for future generations.   They were made about 2,000 years ago by the Iceni tribe whose tribal territory covered Norfolk, north Suffolk and parts of Cambridgeshire.   The collection is housed in a specially commissioned, high security, demountable TESS Mono-3d case which will be used to tour the exhibition.




The Tullie House Museum and Art Gallery is in Carlisle, Cumbria in England. Opened by the Carlisle Corporation in 1893, the original building is a converted Jacobean mansion, with extensions added when it was converted. At first the building contained the museum and also a library, an art school and a technical school. The building, including the extensions, is a Grade I listed building.

The two schools were moved in the 1950s and the library in 1986. The museum expanded in to the city Guildhall in 1980 and with new space available from 1986 it underwent an extensive redevelopment over 1989-90 and again in 2000-01.

The museum houses the Human History Collection, most notable for antiquities associated with Hadrians Wall and the two Roman forts established in Carlisle. It also has large and eclectic collections of zoological, botanical and geological material, as well as fine and decorative arts collections. Paintings in the collection include works by Burne-Jones, Stanley Spencer, Winifred Nicholson, Sheila Fell and Phil Morsman.  TESS are delighted to be regular suppliers of demountable cases to Tullie House.



Ely is a cathedral city in Cambridgeshire, England, 14 miles (23 km) north-north-east of Cambridge and about 80 miles (129 km) by road from London. Æthelthryth (Etheldreda) founded an abbey at Ely in AD 673; the abbey was destroyed in 870 by Danish invaders and was rebuilt by Ethelwold, Bishop of Winchester, in 970. Construction of the cathedral was started in 1083 by the first Norman bishop, Simeon. Sacrist, Alan of Walsinghams octagon, built over Elys nave crossing between 1322 and 1328, is the greatest individual achievement of architectural genius at Ely Cathedral according to architectural historian Nikolaus Pevsner. Building continued until the dissolution of the abbey in 1539 during the Reformation. The cathedral was sympathetically restored between 1845 and 1870 by the architect George Gilbert Scott. As the seat of a diocese, Ely has long been considered a city; in 1974, city status was granted by royal charter.

The city includes a bright and friendly local history museum, located in the old Bishops Gaol. Ely Museum is the history centre for the Isle of Ely and the Fens, and takes you on a journey through time from prehistory to the twentieth century.  Displays include original prison cells, fossils that can be touched, Roman remains and an archive film of the Fens, including punt guns and eel catching. There is also a programme of special events and temporary exhibitions running throughout the year.

TESS were recently commissioned to supply a number of our flexible case systems as part of an upgrade programme at the museum.



Kensington Palace is a royal residence set in Kensington Gardens in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea in London, England. It has been a residence of the British Royal Family since the 17th century and is the official London residence of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester and Prince and Princess Michael of Kent, while the Duke and Duchess of Kent reside at Wren House. Kensington Palace is also used on an unofficial basis by Prince Harry, as well as his cousin Zara Phillips.

On 6 November 2011, it was announced that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will move from their temporary residence in Kensington Palace to the four-story, 20-room Apartment 1-A, formerly the residence of Princess Margaret. It is expected that they will move in 2013, with renovation work taking place in 2012. Once the Duke and Duchess move into their new apartment, Prince Harry is expected to move his official residence from Clarence House to the residence the Duke and Duchess vacate.

It was the official residence of Diana, Princess of Wales (from 1981 until her death in 1997), Princess Margaret (from 1960 until her death in 2002) and Princess Alice (from 1994 until her death in 2004).

Today, the State Rooms are open to the public and managed by the independent charity Historic Royal Palaces; a nonprofit organisation that does not receive public funds.  TESS are very proud to be regular suppliers of our Spectrum system cases to house and display some of the magnificent costumes kept at the Palace.



Weston Park Museum was named the Sheffield City Museum and Mappin Art Gallery until 2006. It opened in 1875, and housed Sheffields archaeology, natural history, decorative art and social history collections.

The Mappin Art Gallery had a small section given over to a rotating exhibition of the citys collection, but the majority of its galleries contained a contemporary mixture of commissions and touring exhibitions.

The building closed in March 2003 for complete renovation. The £17.3 million re-development was partly funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund, Sheffield City Council and Objective 1 for South Yorkshire. The building reopened in October 2006 as Weston Park Museum and was equipped throughout with permanent showcases supplied and installed by our parent company ClickNetherfield.  The museum also has an expanding temporary exhibition programme housed in the Harold Cantor Gallery, and TESS were recently commissioned to supply our Evolution modular system to help with the ever changing nature of the displays.



Seven Stories the national centre for childrens Books in the United Kingdom is based in the Ouseburn Valley, Newcastle upon Tyne, close to the citys newly regenerated quayside. The centre takes its name from the theory that there are only seven basic plots in literature, and the fact that the renovated Victorian mill in which it is housed has seven levels.  Seven Stories is the first museum in the UK wholly dedicated to the art of British children’s books.

It has a changing programme of ground breaking exhibitions aimed at both children and adults. Recognised as a national home for children’s literature, Seven Stories brings together original manuscripts and illustrations from some of the nations best loved children’s books, to excite visitors in an exploration of creativity, literature and art.

Substantial original artwork and manuscripts has been donated to the centre and the collection continues to grow.  TESS are proud to be regular suppliers of flexible and sustainable showcase systems to help display and protect the ever growing collection.