Latest news

PENRITH EDEN MUSEUM, CUMBRIA

12/06/2011

Penrith & Eden Museum is situated in the beautiful lake district town of Penrith.  The museum is situated in the old Robinson’s School building on the High Street.  Robinsons School closed in April 1971 after a long and interesting history dating back to the year 1670. The school was named after William Robinson, a native of Penrith, who moved to London where he became a wealthy merchant, Freeman of the Grocer Company, and substantial property owner. In 1978 Penrith Civic Society, with the help of a Job Creation Programme, created a leisure area from the former school yard, thereby opening up a view of Thacka Beck which flows behind the building. The area was officially opened on 13 May 1978 by Miss Shaul, the Schools last Headmistress. During the years following its closure, plans were made for the old building to take on a new role as a museum and information centre. The collections from the old Penrith Museum which had been housed in the Town Hall prior to the old museums closure in the 1960s, were moved into Robinsons School and a small exhibition area set up in 1984. But it was not until 1990 that the newly extended and refurbished Penrith Museum opened alongside the Penrith Tourism Information Centre in the old building a continuing reminder of William Robinsons generosity to his native town of Penrith.  TESS are proud to be regular suppliers of Evolution and PrismHD cases to this quintessentially English museum.

Penrith-Museum

QUEENS COLLEGE, CAMBRIDGE

10/06/2011

Queens’ College in Cambridge, has been a centre of learning for more than 550 years and boasts a rich, complex and varied history much like the thriving academic community it supports.  Committed to academic excellence and diversity, Queens offers one of the most comfortable and welcoming of Cambridges working colleges but still retains its historical charm, beauty and traditions.

The College combines medieval and modern architecture in extensive gardens. It sits astride the River Cam, its two halves joined across the river by the famous Mathematical Bridge.  Queens also has two libraries, both of which are located in  the oldest part of the College. The War Memorial Library supports junior members, providing a study space and core resources across the range of tripos subjects. The Old Library houses the Colleges manuscripts,  rare books and other special collections and documents.  TESS are delighted to have been chosen to supply a new PrismHD manuscript case to the Old Library to help display some of their most precious works.

Queens-College-Cambridge

MUSEUM OF SCIENCE INDUSTRY, MANCHESTER

09/06/2011

The Museum of Science & Industry (MOSI) in Manchester, is a large museum devoted to the development of science, technology, and industry – in particular the city of Manchester’s contributions in those areas.  The museum houses extensive displays of railway locomotives and rolling stock, juxtapositioned with space vehicles and even examples of the city’s sewerage system.  TESS have been a regular supplier of cases to MOSI over the years and were recently appointed to supply more of our Vista and PrismHD cases for a new temporary exhibition.

MOSI-Manchester

SOUTHWELL MINSTER

20/03/2011

Southwell Minster is both a Minster and a Cathedral located in Southwell, Nottinghamshire, it is the seat of the Bishop of Southwell & Nottingham and the Diocese of Southwell & Nottingham.  The Minster is an outstanding example of Norman and Early English architecture with its distinctive pyramidal spires of lead (known locally as pepperpot spires) being the only examples in the UK.  The Minster is home to a number of  precious books and manuscripts and TESS has recently been appointed to supply demountable cases for displaying some of these magnificent works.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

NATIONAL MUSEUMS LIVERPOOL

18/03/2011

National Museums Liverpool comprises a range of museums and galleries in and around Liverpool, which attract millions of visitors each year.  In addition to the world-class permanent galleries, a number of the venues also have temporary exhibition areas and TESS is very pleased to be regular suppliers of demountable cases for NML with a large order of various TD systems being purchased for the 2011 exhibitions.

NML-Lady-Lever-Art-Gallery

MCC MUSEUM, LORDS CRICKET GROUND

15/03/2011

Lord’s Cricket Ground – the most evocative of places in the cricketing world, owned by Marylebone Cricket Club, remains the guardian of the both the Laws and Spirit of Cricket .  It is also the location of the world famous MCC Museum housing the ubiquitous Ashes urn, the most keenly contested trophy in the cricketing world and currently housed in a ClickNetherfield display case.   The Museum are expanding their temporary exhibition area and will be taking delivery of TESS Evolution modular cases for new exhibitions starting in the 2011 season.

Lords-Cricket-Ground

KIRKLEATHAM MUSEUM

08/03/2011

The Street House Princess Treasure – a new exhibition scheduled to open in late May of 2011 at the Kirkleatham Museum, will display some of the rarest Anglo-Saxon finds dating back to the 7th Century.  The finds were all discovered on a farm in Loftus and were the subject of an excavation in 2004 unearthing a magnificent collection of objects, which will be displayed in new TESS cases in a refurbished upper gallery.

Kirkleatham-Museum

BARBER INSTITUTE OF FINE ARTS

07/03/2011

Situated in purpose-built premises within the campus of the University of Birmingham, the Barber Institute of Fine Arts is a Grade II listed building designed by Robert Atkinson in the 1930’s and opened in 1939 by Queen Mary.  This is the first building in the UK to be purpose-built for the study of art history and was listed in the 2005 Penguin Books publication entitled Britain’s Best Museums and Galleries, receiving five stars for having outstanding collections of international significance.  TESS are proud to have been chosen to supply new cases for the Temporary Exhibition galleries at the Barber.

The-Barber-Institute-of-Fine-Arts

BANK OF ENGLAND MUSEUM

06/03/2011

The Bank of England is essentially the central bank for the whole of the United Kingdom and is the model on which most modern, large central banks are based.  It was first established in 1694 and has been located in London’s main financial district on Threadneedle Street since 1734.  The Bank also houses a museum displaying the fascinating history of banking through the ages.  TESS are particularly proud to be supplying new cases to the museum for updating part of their displays.  The museum is free for visitors.

Bank-of-England

LANHYDROCK HOUSE, CORNWALL

05/03/2011

Lanhydrock House is a magnificent National Trust property located just outside of Bodmin in Cornwall.  The house is surrounded by some of the most beautifual gardens in Cornwall and also houses a unique collection of documents relating to the history of the estate and the surrounding land.   In addition to acquiring a number of permanent cases from our parent company ClickNetherfield, the Trust has recently commissioned new cases from TESS to house a number of beautifully illustrated, irreplaceable charters.

Lanhydrock-House