Working with TEG
The concept is simple: all critical mechanical elements - door-frame, door, locks, hinges and seals - are supplied as part of a factory-built unit which remains permanently assembled. A pair of units, with a set of cross-rails and intermediate panels to link them together, can be quickly and easily assembled to make a freestanding structure.
The resulting case not only looks good, it is also highly adaptable. With a range of options on seals, infill materials, finishes, lighting, humidity control and shelving, you get much the same design freedom as with the other TESS products, plus some operational advantages which are unique - like a pair of opposed opening doors to allow easy object placement/removal.
Mono 3D is available in a variety of standard sizes and specific made-to-order sizes, although careful consideration should be given to the ease of handling of larger panels of glass and also the supporting plinths (if present).
9.5mm thick laminated anti-bandit glass conforming to BS EN: 356P4A, is fitted as standard. The laminated glass we use also has the added benefit of filtering over 97% of UV radiation between the harmful wavelengths of 320 & 380 nanometres.
Your glazing options include:
- High quality low-iron content Optiwhite™ glass, which makes the objects on display look much better, as it doesn't have the green tint that is seen in standard glass.
- SCHOTT Amiran® low-reflective glass treatment is also available to further enhance the viewing experience. This treated glass is only 1% reflective compared to the normal 8% reflectivity of normal glass and offers an exceptionally clear view of the display objects.
The showcase structure is made of custom designed aluminium extrusions, which are powder coated as standard.
Each Mono 3D is supplied with a pair of opposed-hinged doors normally fitted to the case faces with the shortest dimension. Each door is hung on fully concealed hinges.
Each door is equipped with a pair of fully concealed/embedded Abloy high security cam locks, which can be suited to individual requirements.
Mono 3D cases can be fitted with a secure, removable lighting hood. Each case can be fitted with either dimming low voltage lamps above a standard diffuser panel; non-dimming fluorescent lighting above a standard diffuser panel; or dimming fibre optic lighting incorporated in a recessed folded duct in the case header.
Each case requires an external power supply, so please let us know your voltage requirements and whether you will be supplying power from above or below the case when you order. All connections use standard IEC plugs and sockets with no wiring by the user being required.
Inert nylon brush seals are fitted within the system extrusions as standard. Extruded silicone seals can be substituted if required. Cases typically have an air exchange rate of 0.25 (or better) per 24 hours.
Each case can be equipped with the following options:
- A low capacity passive system using a conditioning material reservoir beneath the internal base display board.
- A high capacity remote passive system using a conditioning material reservoir in the supporting plinth (this can be serviced without opening the showcase).
- A fully active climate control system can be located in a supporting plinth or an adjacent structure. A constant power supply is required for this option.
Each case can be fitted with fully height-adjustable, stainless steel pendant rod shelving with 8mm thick toughened glass shelves as standard. Alternatively, cases can be fitted with height adjustable (steel pin) corner shelf supports.
Base display board
The standard base display board is manufactured from ZF-MDF, which is sealed with a water-based acrylic lacquer and wrapped in fabric from the Baumann Ultra range. Alternative panels and finishes are available.
Where applicable, the standard supporting plinth is manufactured from ZF-MDF with integral levelling adjusters. The plinth is normally painted and may easily be removed, repaired and/or repainted if required. Alternative construction methods and finishes are available.